Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
- Best-ever dealer-retail sales of Outlander across a single quarter
- Best-ever dealer-retail sales of Outlander for a single month since the nameplate launched in 2002, recorded in September
- Total third-quarter Outlander sales up 34% YOY
- Best-ever dealer-retail sales for Eclipse Cross in the third quater
- September total MMNA sales up 32.2% year-over-year
- Total volume across full quarter and full year hampered by continued microchip shortage
FRANKLIN, Tenn. – Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today reported third-quarter 2021 sales, with calendar year-to-date sales of 77,176 up nearly 6.3% over the same period last year, primarily on the strength of customer interest in the all-new 2022 Outlander and redesigned 2022 Eclipse Cross. Third quarter sales of 23,799 represented a 4.3% decrease compared with Q3 of 2020, as the brand continues to grapple with the global microchip shortage leading to a lack of key inventory and hampering its dealer partners' ability to sell greater volume.
Over the quarter, MMNA's focus was on ensuring retail sales and dealer stock to meet customer expectations. Reduced fleet deliveries of all models across the quarter were also impacted by the global microchip shortage.
With one of the freshest line-ups in the industry seeing every vehicle in the showroom redesigned or all-new in the past 18 months, MMNA's dealer partners are reporting record showroom traffic. Since launch, the all-new 2022 Outlander and refreshed 2022 Eclipse Cross have broken retail and combined sales records on a monthly and quarterly basis, despite the inventory shortfall, and both vehicles have seen market-share increase.
News and Notes
- Total sales of the all-new Outlander continue to gain momentum, increasing more than 60% over Q2, the previous quarter.
- Mirage sales continue to perform strongly, proving there is still consumer interest in small cars, up 30% year-to-date versus the same period last year.
- Outlander PHEV also peformed well, up more than 4% year-to-date versus 2020.
- The all-new 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander was recently named an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- MMNA was the top-ranked Japanese brand in the J.D. Power 2021 Initial Quality study, ranking third overall and tied with Lexus.
- Earlier this year, MMNA ranked third among mass-market brands in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Customer Service Index Study.
- MMNA is partnering with military veterans nonprofit Record the Journey for the third consecutive year to contest the Rebelle Rally, entering an all-new 2022 Outlander in the event. The vehicle features a special tribute livery paying homage Mitsubishi's 2001 Dakar Rally victory, when Jutta Kleinschmidt became the first – and still only – woman ever to win the world-famous off-road race overall.
- MMNA recently unveiled ClickShop℠, a 24-hour digital showroom hosted on mitsubishicars.com. Customers now have a shopping experience customized to their needs, interests and budget, designed to make the car-buying experience fast, fair and fun. With ClickShop, buying a new Mitsubishi is now as simple as "click, click, car."