luglio 02, 2021 - Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi Motors North America Announces Second-Quarter 2021 Sales Growth
Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
- Second quarter 2021 total sales up 106% year-over-year
- First-half 2021 sales up 12% year-over-year
- June total sales up 54% year-over-year, third-best June in 10 years
- Best-ever June retail-only sales for Outlander and Eclipse Cross as all-new 2022 Outlander and redesigned 2022 Eclipse Cross availability increases
- Best-ever total first-half sales for Outlander Sport and Mirage
FRANKLIN, Tenn. – Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today reported strong second quarter sales of 25,146, a 106% increase compared with Q2 of 2020. First-half sales of 53,377 were up nearly 12% over the same period last year, as the brand focused on retail sales of its highest-specification models to minimize the impact of the global chip shortage.
With one of the freshest line-ups in the industry seeing every vehicle in the showroom redesigned or all-new, MMNA's dealer partners are reporting steadily increasing demand from buyers. With a return to pre-pandemic shopping patterns across the nation, all of MMNA's individual vehicle lines saw year-over-year sales increases compared to the same quarter of 2020.
News and Notes
- MMNA sales throughout the quarter increased in strength month by month, driven by availability of 2022 Outlander and Eclipse Cross. June alone represented an increase of 53.6% over June of 2020, and the third-best June in the last 10 years. Considering supply constraints, this illustrates the strength of the retail-demand recovery.
- Considering retail-only sales (non-fleet), June 2021 saw the best-ever June sales for Outlander and Eclipse Cross carlines, and brand-wide, greater volume than June of 2020 and 2019. This represented the second-best retail-only June for MMNA since 2007. MMNA continues to focus distribution efforts to ensure its dealer partners have an adequate supply of new vehicles for customers.
- With availability of the all-new 2022 Outlander and redesigned 2022 Eclipse Cross increasing steadily, sales of these well-received new vehicles improved month-over-month across the quarter.
- With sales of 23,983 across the first half of 2021, Outlander Sport recorded its best first-half performance ever.
- Despite predictions that consumers have turned away from passenger cars, Mirage's first-half 2021 performance is the strongest first-half for the nameplate since 2001.
- Priced from $25,7951, the all-new 2022 Outlander started arriving on dealer lots in March, and as supply meets demand, will have a significant impact on total sales.
- Starting at $23,3951, the sporty, sleek and restyled 2022 Eclipse Cross also gained momentum through the quarter, going on sale in early March.
- Earlier this year, MMNA announcing it ranked third highest among mass-market brands in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Customer Service Index Study.
- MMNA recently unveiled ClickShop℠, a 24-hour digital showroom hosted on mitsubishicars.com. Customers now have a shopping experience customized to their needs, interests and budget, designed to make the car-buying experience fast, fair and fun. With ClickShop, buying a new Mitsubishi is now as simple as "click, click, car."